In a pivotal move towards integrating artificial intelligence (AI) into enterprise work management, Asana, Inc. has announced the launch of new AI capabilities aimed at providing enhanced clarity, impact, and scalability for executives and organisations at large. Through the innovative Asana’s Work Graph®, the newly introduced AI functionalities are set to empower leaders in steering their organisations towards achieving goals and driving outcomes with increased efficiency and speed.
Dustin Moskovitz, CEO of Asana, highlighted the potential of combining human and AI innovation, stating, “We stand at the precipice of a new golden age of innovation, where humans and AI together can achieve more than ever.” He emphasised the critical need for leaders to have access to the right tools to conserve time and resources, drive impact, and achieve their goals. The new AI capabilities, powered by Asana’s Work Graph, are designed to harness AI in the workplace to enhance clarity and accountability, and maximise impact at a scalable level.
The latest AI innovations from Asana offer leaders a smarter way to maximise impact, drive clarity and accountability, and scale effectively. These capabilities range from organising projects to support cross-functional collaboration with auto-generated custom fields, to creating workflows with simple, natural language instructions optimised over time to align with specific goals and best practices.
Innovative AI Features to Maximise Impact and Drive Clarity
Asana’s AI capabilities introduce several features, including Smart fields, Smart editor, and Smart summaries, which are available starting today. These features facilitate the organisation of projects to support cross-functional collaboration, enable the writing of clearer drafts that strike the appropriate tone, and surface highlights from task descriptions and comments, respectively. Future capabilities include Smart workflows and Smart digests, which will allow leaders to create workflows with natural language instructions and see project updates with a feed that tracks recent changes or prioritises attention.
In the winter of 2023, Asana will introduce Smart status and Smart answers to create more comprehensive status updates faster with AI and use natural language to ask Asana questions, getting timely answers and insights about projects, identifying blockers, and determining next steps. By summer 2024, Smart goals will enable leaders to write more effective goals by starting with a plain description and letting AI draft it based on previous goals and performance.
Strategies for Scaling and Ensuring Enterprise Security
Asana’s AI capabilities also focus on scaling and security. Future capabilities include Smart search, which allows users to use natural language to search and pull relevant information from Asana’s Work Graph data. The Asana AI Technology Partner network leverages leading foundation models from OpenAI and Anthropic, tailored for the enterprise in a trusted, secure, and ethical way. Furthermore, Asana integrates with services like Amazon Web Services (AWS) AppFabric to enhance collaboration at scale.
The Asana AI Channel Partner network, including leading global solutions and systems integrator experts like Slalom, CPrime, and West Monroe, supports customers at scale in AI implementation. Additionally, Asana ensures that data remains safe, secure, and compliant with enterprise-grade security and permissions, while providing admins with controls over the role of AI at work.
Asana’s Work Innovation Score: A Benchmark for Enterprise Performance
In addition to the AI capabilities, Asana has launched The Work Innovation Score, a proprietary, AI-driven benchmark developed by its Work Innovation Lab. Available to Asana’s enterprise customers, The Work Innovation Score enables companies to benchmark their performance against industry peers across four key metrics: cohesion, velocity, resilience, and capacity. Developed by industry-leading experts on the science of work, the score is powered by Asana’s Work Graph®, state-of-the-art neural networks, and predictive AI, providing a unique assessment of innovation potential by connecting data across the entire enterprise.
Federico Torreti, head of product for AWS AppFabric at AWS, commented on the collaboration overload experienced by employees, which comes at the cost of productivity. He noted that with The Work Innovation Score and services like AWS AppFabric, companies gain new visibility into how to streamline collaboration and productivity to drive employee impact and gain a competitive advantage.
In conclusion, Asana’s new AI capabilities are meticulously designed to assist entire organisations – from individuals and departments to leaders – in working smarter and driving outcomes more rapidly. From marketing executives aiming to drive clarity around annual planning and goals, to IT executives keen to standardise work management on a secure, enterprise-grade platform that transparently utilises AI, Asana’s AI capabilities are set to assist enterprises globally in working more intelligently.
Asana’s latest AI innovations offer leaders
A smarter way to maximize impact
- (Available Now) Smart fields: Organize projects to support cross-functional collaboration with auto-generated custom fields.
- (Available Now) Smart editor: Write clearer, more compelling drafts that strike the appropriate tone (for example, polite vs. direct or concise vs. detailed).
- (Available Now) Smart summaries: Surface highlights from task descriptions and comments, along with key action items. In the future, make video calls actionable by turning meeting transcripts from calls into summaries and action items.
- (What’s ahead) Smart workflows: Create workflows with simple, natural language instructions that are optimized over time to match specific goals and best practices.
- (What’s ahead) Smart digests: See project updates with a feed that tracks recent changes or what may require priority attention.
A smarter way to drive clarity and accountability
- (Winter 2023) Smart status: Create more comprehensive status updates faster with AI, pulling from real-time work data to identify risks, open questions, and roadblocks standing in the way of hitting goals.
- (Winter 2023) Smart answers: Use natural language to ask Asana questions, and get timely answers and insights about projects, identify blockers, and determine next steps.
- (Summer 2024) Smart goals: Write more effective goals by starting with a plain description of what to achieve and let AI draft it based on previous goals and performance.
- (What’s ahead) Smart planning: Visualize potential outcomes with scenario planning based on timelines, resource allocations, and approved budgets.
- (What’s ahead) Smart workload: Monitor and adjust team resourcing based on historical and future capacity to meet changing goals.
A smarter way to scale
- (What’s ahead) Smart search: Use natural language to search and pull relevant information from Asana’s Work Graph data (for example, “show tasks assigned to me in the last month”).
- Asana AI Technology Partner network: Leverage leading foundation models from OpenAI and Anthropic, tailored for the enterprise in a trusted, secure, and ethical way. Asana also integrates with services like Amazon Web Services (AWS) AppFabric to improve collaboration at scale.
- Asana AI Channel Partner network: Support customers at scale in AI implementation through leading global solutions and systems integrator experts, like Slalom, CPrime, and West Monroe.
- Enterprise security & control: Keep data safe, secure, and compliant with enterprise-grade security and permissions, while providing admins with controls over the role of AI at work.
More updates will be shared at Asana’s Work Innovation Summit – watch the event replay here.